The 2016 Major League Footy Winter Player Draft will be held at 7 PM, Friday, November 11 in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The draft will feature players from the Tampa Bay ARFC player list, and will permit the winter footy clubs of the Inaugural Major League Footy circuit to select their roster from available players.
Major League Footy is the Winter League of Australian Football in Florida, with play beginning November 19, 2016 and culminating in a Championship Final in February 2017. Major League Footy winter season play is scheduled during the traditional American ‘off-season’, and features six sides comprised on Tampa Bay ARFC players. Match play is in 7s and 9s format during the Winter Season, which concurs with St. Petersburg Swans (Tampa Bay ARFC) off-season training.
A draft order lottery will be held November 10. The 2016 Winter Footy Draft will be overseen by incoming St. Petersburg Swans / Tampa Bay ARFC Player List Manager Jacob Kelgor.
RULES OF THE 2016 WINTER FOOTY DRAFT:
* A draft order lottery will be held November 10, 2016.
* All members of the Tampa Bay ARFC player list as of 10 November, 2016 must be selected.
* The Draft shall consist of 7 rounds.
* Each side will have 10 minutes to select in each round
* Winter Footy match play is co-ed.
* Club captains are permitted to trade draft selections for players or additional picks for the duration of the Draft.
* The historical Florida Redbacks list is protected for the February 18, 2017 match, and also for the Championship Final, should Florida advance.
* All members of the Florida Redbacks historical list are eligible to be selected in the 2016 Winter Footy Draft, but will return to the Florida side for February 11, 2017 match and subsequent final, should the side advance.
* As their player list for February 18, 2017 match is protected, the Florida Redbacks will not participate in the 2016 Winter Draft, but will be eligible for player assignments from other clubs for matches involving Florida.
* The current co-ed player list of the Orlando club will be similarly protected for match play involving Orlando.
* Orlando will participate in the 2016 Winter Footy Draft
* New recruits to the St. Petersburg Swans (Tampa Bay ARFC) list shall be eligible for match play.
* Draft-ineligible players are eligible to play for any side, but that side will relinquished one drafted player to a common pool for each such assignment. The surrendered drafted player will then be eligible to play for any side, without restriction.
* New recruits added to the player list will be assigned by the List Manager with the following criteria:
a) Territorial (by county)
b) List availability needs of match day clubs
* On match days, competing sides are permitted a number of borrowed players from inactive sides in order to field a co-ed side for 7s or 9s play, as determined by the List Manager and Umpire. Borrowed players statistics will count, and borrowed players return to their respective clubs.
PURPOSE OF THE DRAFT:
The purpose of the Winter Footy Player Draft is to enable each of the competing sides of off-season to maintain stable rosters for off-season play; encourage localized training wherever possible; build overall team play for the St. Petersburg Swans and Tampa Bay ARFC; prepare for the 2017 season, and to have FUN!